The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Adding accidental coverage?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by darkcirca, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkcirca

darkcirca Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just got my machine on Thursday, and everyone thinks I should get it, but I wasn't sure if I could add it on. I'm very rough on my machines, so it would be a good idea.

Can I just call up and they will add it, or is it not possible now that I bought it?

2. jooooeee

jooooeee Stealth in disguise

Reputations:
    What laptop do you have and where did you buy it from?

3. f4ding

f4ding Laptop Owner

Reputations:
    Probably direct from Dell? Then you can call them and add it.

4. darkcirca

Reputations:
    Yea, direct from Dell, D630

5. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It will cost you more to do it now. If you have only had it for a short time you might want to return it and reorder with the warranty added.

6. philly Dog

philly Dog Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I`m not sure if Dell Home and Home office is the same as Small Business as far as adding Complete Care. I have a 1420 and added Complete Care about 3 months after purchasing the laptop. The cost for 3 years was $119.00.
    Hope this helps.

7. darkcirca

Reputations:
    I got a price estimated since I can't change anything until after 21 days. It's about the same. The laptop was ordered direct from Dell via work for the discount. We are going to call their customer care person and see what kind of quote they can get since they are always working deals due to the amount of machines they buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.