The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Any new mid sized or smaller Latitudes rumored?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Mannydog, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannydog

Mannydog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm due to get a new notebook after the first of the year from my company, and they mostly do Latitudes.

If I went with a currently available product, I would go for a D630, but if there is something new that's just around the corner, i would want to hold out for that.

Is the 630 due for replacement/upgrade?

Any prospect of a Latitude version of the M1330?

2. Khris

Khris Yes I am better than you!

Reputations:
    There won't be any kind of successor to the D630 until at least mid next year, and it will only be a minor upgrade.

The newest Latitude coming out is the XT Tablet. That's about it for now.

There won't be a Latitude version of the m1330 as the Latitude and XPS lines target completely different audiences.

3. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    the xt tablet will be amazing.

4. Khris

Khris Yes I am better than you!

Reputations:
    I completely agree!

5. pitz

pitz Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Santa Rosa is supposed to be receiving a refresh in 2008Q1, so I think you could see a D640 at that time. I don't imagine it'll be materially different, but it could be the platform that Dell uses to launch Blu-Ray and/or HD-DVD on the Latitude line of laptops (as well as HDCP and DVI outputs).

As another poster indicated...don't expect ground-breaking changes in the Latitude line. The target audience for the Latitude laptops are relatively conservative business users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.