The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Blue screen loading windows...baseeskc32

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by awd96tsi, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awd96tsi

awd96tsi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The computer is my father-in-laws and is a Vostro 1500. It started off with really bad spyware. I was slowing getting rid of it all. I ran a virus scan via AVG and it detected a number of viruses and trojan horses. I forget the name of most of them, but I do believe one was called Vundo T. Anyhow I was getting reading to remove/quarentine them. Avg asked to restart, so I did that and now it no longer loads windows.
    A blue screen comes up saying: STOP: c0000135 {unable to locate component} This application has failed to start because baseeskc32 was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.
    Now I can't even get it into safe mode because another blue screen appears. It is saying a problem has been detected and windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer.
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    I have no idea where to start. I tried loading the dell windows disc it loads all the drivers. It starts to load the windows installation and once again gives me the blue screen error.

2. jopache1

jopache1 Newbie

Reputations:
    I had a similar issue when installing windows on my vostro. Mine came with Vista Basic, but I have an MSDN subscription through school and got Vista Business for free. I would go to install and halfway through the install i woulld get a blue screen and it would restart. I finally fixed it by disabling something in the BIOS. I think it was enabling/disabling the AHCI that finally got it working. I'm sure you could load external drivers for it and it and that would fix it w/o messing with the bios. I don't rmemeber if i was getting the same error on the bsod as you were though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.