The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Buying Latitude

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Pancracy, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancracy

Pancracy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A simple question:

Is it possible to buy Latitude (or Vostro) notebook in USA not having a business or buying on company? Only for a personal use (like XPS series)..

It's impossible in my country...
    Thanks or help.

2. Fade To Black

Fade To Black The Bad Ass

Reputations:
    Yes, it is possible and should be possible in any other country. Where do you live?

3. channelv

channelv Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A new Latitude line is rolling out in a few moths if you're fine with waiting - just a tip and something to think about.

4. Fade To Black

Fade To Black The Bad Ass

Reputations:
    Bottom line: Latitudes should be sold without any restrictions. Dell's employees might want you to buy an Inspiron or whatever, but they have no right in denying you to get a business laptop. But I guess that you're not buying from Dell directly.

5. dordale

dordale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pancracy--It's definitely possible to buy a Latitude/Vostro without owning your own business in the USA. If you're buying online, you can do what my Mother in Law did--just enter your name again when they ask for a business name. Maybe the same thing would work in your country?

dordale :)

6. Pancracy

Pancracy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for replies...

I'm from Poland and on the main page there a big note only b2b.

Latitude E-series is what made me ask the question. However waiting on it or not is not depending on me... It depends when a friend could bring me a notebook from US (she'll be coming in March- but here are some time constrains- and then in August)...

Still, it's bit confusing... Why to make categories (home/small/large/gov) when they don't really matter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.