The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Can I use m4400 LCD with E6500 lid?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by jruschme, Jul 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. jruschme

jruschme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I recently acquired a Precision M4400 which, if I understand correctly, is just a variation on a Latitude E6500. While poking around on Ebay, I noticed that the E6500 came in red and blue variants with surplus colored lids going pretty cheaply. This has gotten me thinking about doing a lid swap.

My M4400 has the WUXGA screen (1920x1200) in the CCFL version (Dell p/n J360H). I'm not sure this was ever an option on the M6500, however. Anybody know if I can just swap the screen, etc. over to the E6500 lid? Also, can I use the same LCD surround?

Thanks...

2. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    M4400 = E6500 with a better GPU.

So yes, in theory it should be a plug 'n play swap.