The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Code 43? Drivers Help Please

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Kyosuke, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyosuke

Kyosuke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Im using a vostro 1400 that I bought last august. A few days ago, my screen turned funky colors and froze up, so I shut it down and turned it back on a minute later. However, then my screen stayed black except for some lines. At first i thought it was something with my screen, but eventually I hooked it up to a monitor and found out in the device manager that my driver had found problems and it said "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)".
    Therefore, i uninstalled my old drivers, then installed the 169.09 one. After that it was fine. However next day it happened again, and i repeated the process again.
    The process has been going on for a few days now and I have since installed the 174.74 drivers. Im really confused on whats happening. Anybody know whats wrong? Thanks in advance. Sorry if im not clear on whats happening.

Btw my gfx card is a 8400gs

2. Hep!

Hep! sees beauty in everything

Reputations:
    My guess is a failing GPU/motherboard. Hopefully you're under warranty.

3. swarmer

swarmer beep beep

Reputations:
    If the external monitor works ok, then I'd guess you may have a loose connection between the video card and the LCD. That's just a guess though.

In any case, you should have gotten at least a 1-year warranty, so make Dell repair it before your warranty runs out.

4. Kyosuke

Kyosuke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help hep and swarmer. I've called Dell and they said they would send someone to replace the LCD, but i kinda doubt that its gonna fix the problem, but i'll see. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.