The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

D530

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by bones123, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bones123

bones123 Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered
    Latitude D530, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2.00GHz, 2M L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB
    15 inch Standard Aspect Screen SXGA+ LCD for Latitude D530
    2.0GB, DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMM for Dell Latitude Notebooks
    Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Latitude
    120GB Hard Drive 9.5MM 5400RPM for Latitude
    Windows XP Home, SP2 with media,
    8X DVD+/-RW for Latitude D530
    65W AC Adapter for Latitude XTD530
    Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN (802.11g,54Mbps) Mini Card Latitude
    Factory Enable 20GB Primary Partition
    1 year mail in warranty

for $709 + taxes

My questions are:
    1) Can a user of D530 confirm to me that this does indeed come with an integrated microphone.
    2) Do I need to try and purchase an additional 2 yr warranty?
    3) Did I make a wise choice by choosing D530 (Intel) over D531(AMD). I am ok with 4:3 screen of D530.

2. jerry66

jerry66 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i just bought a d-531 for 699+ tax , i got it because it came with 3 year nbd on site warranty , the wide screen or 4.3 is a personal choice like .
    the AMD tl-60 might be a bit slower but for business apps not a big deal .
    as far as i know it should have microphone

3. bones123

bones123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Jerry for fast response, yes the 3yr NBD on D531 was really attractive but I was really struggling to move out of Intel as I intend to use it once in a while for some entertainment too and also the reviews on D531 were talking of not so good speaker quality..

4. jerry66

jerry66 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what do you mean by entertainment ? The wide screen might be a better choice if watching a dvd is what you mean . there are also usb os rca connect speaker that clip on to top of notebook for sound , as notebook speakers are never that good , unless your talking an entertainment specific laptopop ie: xps with subwoofer .
    anyway , hope you enjoy the new laptop , it is a well built solid comp

5. bones123

bones123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh I watch DVDs on home theater, I was talking about online videos... will check out the notebook clip speakers, thanks. I tried a lot to get a better deal by talking to sales rep. and finally she agreed to upgrade my online order from free 3-5 shipping to free next business day shipping and also a free carrying case.. but on second thoughts I was wondering if I need to cough up these extra shipping charges and return shipping for carrying case just incase I don't like the laptop and want to return it!!

6. jerry66

jerry66 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you have 30 days to return the laptop , no questions asked , some have only 21 days , not sure which models , so not a worry . you don't like it send it back for refund . i did that with my first dell . didn't like it , sent it back and reordered a dif model

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.