The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Vostro 1500 monitor is terrible!

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by hyedipin, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyedipin

hyedipin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just received my 1500 after comparing several options including Vostro, Lenovo and Latitude. :no:

The speed and hardware is pretty good, but as soon as I took a look at the screen, i was hugely disappointed. What a low-end screen is that! I compared it to my 3 year old Toshiba side by side, and you can clearly see the difference. Adjusting gamma did not help either, even at 0% it was still too bright and uneven. It is sharp but gives me headache looking it at over 2 hours because of the brightness/backlight or whatever that makes it whitish. :nah:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vostro is going back on Monday. :wideeyed:

2. chelet

chelet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You might try dimming the screen in Windows using the video card properties for brightness.
    If that doesn't make it usable, send it back or have the screen replaced.

3. wywern209

wywern209 NBR Dark Knight

Reputations:
    do u not liket he brightness? then wear shades or u cud turn on the lights in ur house or open up the curtains. the screen looks fine to me. use it for a few days at least a couple of weeks. see if u can get used to the brightness! don't send back a perfectly good comp.

4. Cestuila

Cestuila Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    TrueLife... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.