The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Difficulty installing driver to Dell E7740 with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by ralphzak, Jan 17, 2021.

1. ralphzak

ralphzak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi

I'm having difficulty installing drivers to Dell E7740

For example the Chipset driver or network driver, it says "The procedure entry point AddDllDirectory could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

I think a windows 7 update would solve it but I am not sure how without the Internet on the laptop..

In the past faced with a similar issue, I used a USB WiFi adaptor though I can't find one right now.

2. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Win7 is EOL. I would recommend a clean install of a modern OS that can be patched to be secure.

3. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try updating your install first with something like SimpliX Pack.

EDIT: I actually know why you're getting that error: you need the C++ Redistributables. Try this: https://tiny.cc/vcredist

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021