The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Does the Latitude really have good build quality?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by ryusrain, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryusrain

ryusrain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a Dell D600 and use it everyday. Honestly I am not happy with the build quality. It gives me marginal satisfaction.

Do you think Dell has improved Latitude build quality after introducing D600?

2. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    What don't you like about it? You never specified your complaints re: build quality. I've read that the Latitude's build quality is usually better than that of the Inspirion.

3. swarmer

swarmer beep beep

Reputations:
    hmmm... what specifically don't you like about the D600?
    I was impressed with the quality on the D620 I used... except for the screen quality, which apparently has been improved considerably since then based on the D630 reviews I've seen.

4. ryusrain

ryusrain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think I gently use the machine.
    After I had the D600, no accident on my notebook even very small one. But I need to change virtually everything except my harddrive (thanks for the hard) from LCD to motherboard. However, personally I like Dell service (because they change everything for me.). That is my experience with my D600.

I just want to share your personal satisfaction with your Latitude especially after the D600. If everybody happy with newer latitude, I can come to the D630 for my next machine. ^_^

5. net_xport

net_xport Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I believe it has improved over the years. The new D630 looks good, and professional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.