The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

E5250 Battery replacement and RAM upgrade

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by mlinky, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlinky

mlinky Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought a Latitude E5250 about 5 years ago. I love the computer, and it only needs a few tweaks.

First, it came with a 38WH battery, which has died. I made the mistake of ordering a 51WH replacement (the site said it would fit my computer) but it is too large because I have a standard hard drive. I'm a bit perturbed with Dell's return system and wonder if there are any reliable aftermarket manufacturers that I could pick one up from.

Also, I currently have 4GB RAM, so I ordered the 8GB memory update. It isn't in yet, but are there any issues I should be on the look out for when I attempt to install it?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.