The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Help with requesting better WXGA+ screen for Vostro 1400

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by palmboy5, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmboy5

palmboy5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As some of you may know, Dell uses three different brands for WXGA+ screens for the Vostro 1400. I got the SEC brand and have read that the LG brand is the best. This SEC is very dim with terrible viewing angles and has these diagonal lines across the screen.

Anyway, how should I best approach Dell customer service in order to get them to change my screen to (specifically) an LG branded one?

2. X2P

X2P COOLING | NBR Super Mod

Reputations:
    Youre just going to have to tell them to replace the screen. You cant request a specific brand. The customer support people have nothing to do with brands. They just have a button saying new screen on it.

3. palmboy5

Reputations:
    I probably won't try changing it then... That would risk getting the even worse brand :\

4. X2P

X2P COOLING | NBR Super Mod

Reputations:
    You just do it over and over again. Thats how everyone does it. I had a perfect screen, Phillips, no back light bleed, bright, crisp but it suddenly got a cluster of 25 stuck pixels and asked for a screen change. If my screen is of any lower quality I will be calling them instantly

5. palmboy5

Reputations:
    About how long is the turn-around time for each screen change? Technician comes over? Pay for shipping? What happens?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.