The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Looking for Quadro P4000 Precision 7720 vbios

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by PhOeNiX_H, Apr 4, 2021.

1. PhOeNiX_H

PhOeNiX_H Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello,

I bought a Precision 7710 and I'm using with a Quadro P4000 that I bought on the beginning of this year. I was using it before on a M6700, so I had to change its vbios to a compatible one to being possible to boot something that it's newer than Windows XP (ACPI issue). But I did a mistake: I didn't save its old vbios, so I can't use it now and, to be honest, I have no idea if it would be useful.

Thing is: with this vbios that I had to use on M6700, I can't disable Optimus/Switchable Graphics. It's okay on my M6700 because its screen is LVDs, but I still can't do that on 7710 (which has an eDP screen). I don't recall the name, it was like a "beta" version or something and that's why it works with M6700/M6800 (these are kinda problematic with Pascal cards and only some Quadros work. P3000, P4000 and P5000 if I'm not mistaken). Regardless, its version is 86.04.2B.00.02. I'm even attaching it on this post if you guys are interested. It is already been posted before here, I just don't remember where.

I'm not even sure if Quadro P4000 vbios for 7720 will solve this issue, but I want to try it anyway.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I had the original vbios saved somewhere and it's working fine (without BSOD on booting), but behavior is exactly the same: I can use it with switchable graphics on and connected to HDMI/Mini DP without any issues (and it'll display using P4000 itself), but laptop refuses to boot turning off SG. I'm also attaching it if someone is interested.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021