The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M6500 with 920xm vs i7-Q720, noticeable difference? no gaming

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by tgz, Apr 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesJAB

JamesJAB Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The M6700 and M6800 have much easier access for cleaning. All you need to do is remove the bottom access panel and you can remove both cooling fans. Two screws and a power plug for each fan, then lift them out and clean the heatsinks.

2. tgz

tgz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    marvelous, thank you! that is very interesting. Fortunately the 2 q720 m6500's I bought solved a lot of problems [long linux story, deprecating support in the m6300 etc] and things are really snappy compared to my old m6300's plus no more screen tearing in vids. As I will need to upgrade several 16:10 monitors to migrate I believe I will be researching at my leisure and plan ahead for when these come down more in price [the m6500's were in the $150 range]. Thanks again, I'll be looking into those access panels, sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.