The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

New Audio driver 6.0.8895.1 A23 for Precision 7720

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by dbits, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbits

dbits Newbie

Reputations:
    I installed this driver several times in different ways, but everytime the new driver works only for that day. Next day he will work no more, no signs in device manager. When I reinstall it everything is fine until next day.
    I don't know and need a little help for installing this driver, because it is better than the old driver but I don't like to install it every day...

2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Windows Update might be replacing it with a different version. Can you check the update history in Windows Update in Settings?

3. dbits

dbits Newbie

Reputations:
    In device manager the version of the driver is the new one, it just don't work no more.
    There is no replacing to see.
    In the programs and feature section also the new driver is to see.
    But in the windowsupdate driverupdate section I can only see several updates of the the old driver (???). I don't know when these updates took place. I'll try again to reenact that. Thx.

4. dbits

dbits Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, so far. It seems to be as before. New driver installed, shutdown for 90 min. New driver is still working.
    Windowsupdate driverupdate:
    before new installation -> 5 items (11., 12., 14., 15., 16.05.);
    after installation incl. restart there are only 4 items (16.05. is missing);
    after shutdown for 90 min., there are 6 items (5 from above and one from today(!)).
    The new driver is still working.
    I will give a hint tomorrow.

5. dbits

dbits Newbie

Reputations:
    After next shutdown for 3 hours it's clear now: after installation of the newer driver windows update does not recognice it as newer and does the update for the previous driver. The new driver doesn't work no more and as I stated before, you cannot see that there is driverproblem.
    The problem is, that I cannot supress this. Deinstallation of driverupdates is not possible and the tool wushowhide.diagcab shows also no driverupdate to hide. Any ideas?

I think I will contact Dell Support for this issue, may be there is a problem in the version numbers or names:
    old one: ver# is 6.0.1.8569 and is identified as Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
    new one: ver# is 6.0.8895.1 as Realtek Audio Driver

6. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.