The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

new Nvidia 3600M driver v. 175.75?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by M6300user, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M6300user

M6300user Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone tell me how to find out details about the new video driver for the Nvidia 3600M video card that Dell has posted for their Dell Precision M6300 laptop? The driver version is 175.75.

Can anyone tell me what the 175.75 driver for the Nvidia 3600M that goes with the Dell M6300 fixes, adds, addresses, covers, improves, and/or updates?

My Dell M6300 runs XP Pro with a T9300. The Dell website says that this driver is for/compatible with my system, but I cannot find out any other information about the video driver. Can anyone help? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well, I can't answer any of your questions - but, for what it's worth, I'm using the 1600M M6300 driver on a M1730 with 8700's and it works fine. In fact, it's more stable than any of the other drivers I have tried. When my new M1730 shows up on Monday with the 8800's, I plan on using this driver.

Just give it a shot and see if it performs better than what you are using now...

3. zx81

zx81 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I loaded the 175.75 vista x64 driver today and it runs great so far. I get ~49fps in stalker. Go to laptopvideo2go website and read the release notes for the driver number - the dell release is based upon the nvidia numbered release, its just that dell only release sporadically

Good so far though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.