The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

PLEASE help me

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by V-I-N-C-E, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-I-N-C-E

V-I-N-C-E Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i upgraded my sound driver from the dell website and i lost all audio and microphone capabilities i cant find the stock drivers
    i tryed rollback
    drivers and maintence
    but windows says theres no problem but there is a red x where my sound level meter used to be i have had this problem for over a week now i cant play any new games (cod4,crysis ect) and all of my music editing cant be done it sucks
    so please either
    tell me where to download the stock driver
    or tell me the exact thing i need so i can find it myself
    or how to fix it
    thank you
    (ps im sorry if its the wrong place to post this)
    (pps my laptos config is in my sig)

2. Waltz

Waltz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    go to the Dell Support web site! They'll have everything there. make a note of your service tag. It's on the bottom of your laptop.

3. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    If you did not delete your hidden recovery partition on your hard drive you might want to check there cause that's where you'll find them as well. ;)

4. j89

j89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    that happened to me once with my vostro 1400. it had a virus and the virus deleted my sound driver. Scan your computer with avira or an antivirus then find the sound driver on dell.com. they should have it under help.

5. V-I-N-C-E

V-I-N-C-E Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i got the update via service tag its not a virus and unfortunately its not in recovery parition

thanks for the help so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.