The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Purchasing laptops from small business?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Joox23, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joox23

Joox23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know that in the small business section of Dell UK's site, VAT is not included in the quoted price. Even with 17.5% tax though their laptops are a lot cheaper on small business. Can anyone order from the small business section of their site or do you need some special identification or something? Was considering getting an M1330 or M1530 if that's any help.

Note: this is for the UK, not the US.

Edit: Oh, and also, does Dell UK do the whole coupons thing like the US site does? Seems you can get pretty big savings like that.

Edit #2: Ok, couldn't stop myself. I really would prefer an M1530 but the lack of an LED screen on the UK site is really prohibiting me from deciding. Does Dell have plans to give Brits the LED screen on the M1530?

Gracias.

2. mattocs

mattocs Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just tell them you have a home business and you do some freelance work. They can't prove you don't.

Or maybe you need the computer because you plan on starting a business.

But I don't think it matters...they won't question anything.

3. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No you do not have to prove that you own a business in any way to order from the small business store.

4. Greg

Greg Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    They have no problem with personal purchases at the SMB site.

5. Joox23

Joox23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks guys. Two more things though:

Does Dell UK do the whole coupons thing like the US site does? Seems you can get pretty big savings like that.

And also... I really would prefer an M1530 but the lack of an LED screen on the UK site is really prohibiting me from deciding. Does Dell have plans to give Brits the LED screen on the M1530?

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.