The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Screen all kinds of messed up

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by corpse89, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corpse89

corpse89 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, just wondering if anyone could tell me what's going on with my monitor. Basically, something fell off a shelf and hit the top of my Vostro 1500's LCD, now it looks like the video below. The laptop works fine when plugged into an external monitor, however i would like to know what's wrong with it, to see if it's worth repairing myself, aka if it's the inverter or just a loose connection i'm happy to repair it myself, but if it's the LCD i'll send it back to dell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZSBY_yZGuk

Cheers.

2. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    What fell on it it and how hard?

Best you can do is reseat the LCD cable.

LCD itself looks fine

3. corpse89

corpse89 Newbie

Reputations:
    A stack of CD's from about two foot above fell on it. If the LCD is OK, then i'd rather not send it back to Dell as the Laptop is already in a bit of a mess, so i think the warranty might be void. But you reckon the cabling is just loose?

4. corpse89

corpse89 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey again, all sorted, took the laptop apart and reseated the cables, and the lcd is now working again.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.