The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Screen colors appear too yellow

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by JClishe, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JClishe

JClishe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a Dell D820 w/ the nVidia NVS 110M and the images on the screen appear too yellow. For example, when I'm in Windows Explorer, the background should be white, but mine has a yellow tint to it. It's as if my whites are are a very light vanilla color instead of white.

I have the nVidia Control Panel installed, but everytime I try to mess with the settings I get things too screwed up. Does anyone know how I can make my whites "whiter" without screwing up the other colors?

2. rmtschanz

rmtschanz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Fading display backlight sounds like your issue. Only way to fix it is replace the ccfl backlight. lcdparts.net sells replacement lamps, some you can order already pre-soldered.

3. Tricks.

Tricks. Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has this always been the case or has it only happened recently.

I tend to find some anti-glare displays to have a slight yellow tint.

4. chelet

chelet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I've seen an awful lot of yellowish screens on new laptops lately.
    Unless you want to try having the screen replaced, you can try changing the default background color for windows.
    Right-click the desktop --> Personalize --> Window color and appearance -->
    Open classic appearance --> Advanced button --> for Item: choose Window in the dropdown box --> Click the little box with color 1 that is supposed to be white --> Choose Other --> and fine tune your window background color from in there by adding in a little grayish lavender to counter the yellow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.