The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Test serial 3 of The DELL Precision 7750: Machine forward

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by song_1118, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm sorry that my English is not good. Here is machine translation:
    There are many pictures in the original text, so it's not easy to upload them. Please see the original text:
    https://www.51nb.com/thread-1957349-1-1.html

This article, previewed at the end of Serial 2, focuses on a comprehensive evaluation of the Precision 7750's port connections, keyboard and mouse, screen display, stability and comfort, and environmental emissions.
    In fact, for readers of regular review articles and general requirements, serialization 1 and Serialization 2 are enough -- only a critical author like this one, and a critical reader like this one, needs serialization 3 and then serialization 4.
    One more thing: for mobile workstations like the DELL Precision 7750 that strive for maximum performance and functionality, similar to the heavy battlesets of the laptop world, it makes sense for me to fully elaborate (using hundreds of picture tables and tens of thousands of words).
    Of course, I do not deny the value and significance of short and fast reviews, and I have written about short and fast reviews, such as the six years ago《 ThinkPad E531 Review : I Want to Make a Good Machine》.

That's part of my answer to a question from some readers: Why do you always like to write a review in series over a month or more? And a lot of articles go nowhere and simply ignore the reader...
    All right, back to the text!
    [​IMG]

Fundamentals of the organism - An overview of the organism
    The DELL Precision 7750's appearance and light disassembly were introduced in Serial 1. As a 17-inch performance model, its size and weight have been further reduced from the previous generation. Here is the official figure: Where the height is often called the thickness of the body and the starting weight is the lightest.
    [​IMG]
    I certainly recognize the benefits of the Precision 7750 slimming down: it's lighter, thinner, has smaller projection areas, and is more low-key in appearance, while remaining deep and stylish. The following three images compare the physical dimensions of the Precision 7750 and the ThinkPad P71 -- as you can see, the 7750 is significantly smaller than the ThinkPad P71 on the same 17-inch model in all three dimensions of physical size.

However, The Precision 7750 comes at a significant cost, which is ranked according to the author's customary requirements as follows:
    1. Lose the function of quick disassembly and installation of the bottom maintenance hatch cover (although there is an SSD Roor), unable to quickly disconnect the internal battery, and it is very inconvenient to disassemble SSD and memory;
    2. After reducing the projected area of the body, the optional freedom to install a 2.5-inch hard disk cannot be taken into account;
    3. Lost the screen cover to realize the expansion function of 180 degrees;
    4. In order to realize the narrow border of the screen, WLAN antenna is forced to be placed on both sides of the base of the fuselage, which theoretically has a certain adverse effect on the transceiving and receiving of wireless signals;
    5. After the WLAN antenna is forced to be placed in a new position, the heat dissipation vents on both sides of the base of the previous generation of the fuselage no longer exist on the 7750. Theoretically, two heat dissipation air ducts are missing, which limits the heat dissipation function of the whole machine.

Needless to say, DELL cannot deny the first point.
    2 points, the author made 7740 a test last year, is specially to buy the battery and m. 64 wh 2 to 2.5 "SATA conversion support, so that we can give up high capacity battery, 7740 implementation of built-in 3 m. 2 SSD + 1 2.5" SATA SSD, than only built-in 4 m. SSD, 2 species more freedom, the capacity is more significant, the price can be cheaper.
    [​IMG]

The third point for some users may be indifferent, the author will not spend much ink entanglement, only a sentence to describe - unexpected DELL you this thick eyebrows big eyes also mutinous......
    The following is a comparison of screen expansion angles when the author evaluated the HP ZBook 17 G5 and DELLPrecision 7730 in 2018.
    [​IMG]
    Fourth, as far as I know, this is true of many brands, such as one generation of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon. The built-in WLAN antenna of the laptop is reduced by 20cm in height, and whether its transmitting and receiving signals must be seriously damaged, so that daily use is limited. The author does not worry about this. After all, major manufacturers have been strictly designed and tested, and daily use must not show great differences. But sending and receiving signals is not as good as placing them on either side (or above) of the screen, that's for sure.
    The property of point 5 is actually the same as that of point 4. Specific test performance will be seen in the stability test and environmental emission test sections below.

After paying more than that for the Precision 7750, what about the rigidity under the new design?
    Because the outer shell of the machine is made of metal material, the author squeezes and knead the base of the machine body with both hands at various angles and directions, but no deformation or abnormal sound is found. Use one hand to grasp a corner of the palm support, and then hold it flat to move, also did not observe any deformation of the fuselage base, completely praise!
    The author tried to open the upper cover with one hand, and it was perfect: the movement was smooth and steady, which was also achieved when the upper cover was closed.
    After opening the cover on the screen, turn on the screen and light up the screen. If you press hard at the back of the screen (side A), you can see deformation by naked eyes, but it is difficult to have ripples on the screen. Only by placing both hands on the upper left and right edges of the screen, and twisting them vigorously in the opposite direction, can you see visible ripples on the screen.
    And the Precision 7750's base edge is rounded and rounded, giving it a comfortable feel when the top cover is closed or opened, giving it the illusion of 'anything goes'.

As for Precision in 7750 experienced a violent accident, such as falling from a height, the new design under the body of the internals, whether can protected by good, because the author did not bounteous economic condition, can't make a test (7750 with three years while the Precision machine accident insurance, accidental fall damage is in the range of warranty service, but the immoral conscienceless thing the author is not to do). In the light dismantling of Serial 1, you can see that the internal architecture of The Precision 7750 doesn't use a frame design similar to an anti-roll rack. During the dismantling process, the Precision 7750 felt very compact and neat, with no loose and messy parts. All parts were firmly fixed.
    However, I still worry that because the Precision 7750's screen can't be expanded 180 degrees, if someone accidentally steps down from the top... Then only DELL's contingency insurance comes into play.
    [​IMG]

Port connection
    The Precision 7750 doesn't compromise on ports compared to its predecessor, and still has plenty of slots available. Here is the official illustration.

However, as the next two images show, the ThinkPad P71, which is noticeably larger, still lacks the number and variety of ports and slots. The P71, due to its size, adds one usB-A and one ExpressCard 34 slot to the port slot.
    [​IMG]
    At the same time, this situation is also reflected in the internal structure, the P71 battery is directly simple quick disassembly, storage combination is 2 M.2 2280 SSD slot +1 2.5-inch SATA position +1 OPTICAL drive position (can be converted to 2.5-inch SATA position). Moreover, I sometimes imagine that the ThinkPad P71's 2.5-inch SATA and CD-ROM positions have enough physical space to be designed for parallel 2+4=6 M.2 2280 SSD slots. In this way, the whole machine can achieve a total of 8 built-in M.2 SSDS...
    [​IMG]
    Stop dreaming and go back to the Precision 7750.
    The Precision 7750 has three USB 3.2 gen 1 ports (Powershare), which I refer to as USB-A 3.2.1 (usB-IF is A horrible name), and two USB 3.2 Thunderbolt™ Gen 2 Type C ports, which I refer to as USB-C 3.2.2+TB3.
    Among them, the USB - A 3.2.1 supports up to 10 GBPS of transmission rate, USB - C 3.2.2 support top 20 GBPS transmission rate, TB3 ways, of course support 40 GBPS transmission rate, and seems to be, should and can also support DELL theory of 2 * 130 w = 260 w power input, and the function of the essential connection of TB3 peripherals (including eGPU and Daisy chain co., LTD.), this part of the test content, the author arranged in serial 4, here is A little too.
    Similarly, its SD card reader, smart card reader and NFC sensor testing, the author also arranged in serial 4.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Aaron44126 likes this.
  2. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The following part is the input and output part that I think is very important for people's comfort level in daily use experience. Input: keyboard and mouse, output: screen display.

Input: keyboard and mouse
    Take a look at DELL's official introduction to the Precision 7750 keyboard on the Chinese page:
    "Experience upgrade, keyboard design update: Easy to do with 1.6mm keypath, new stylish look and optional fingerprint reader."

I used the Precision 7750 keyboard for about 2 hours to edit the text content that I had serialized 2 with. The author's personal experience is: ok, ok, passable, smooth, reasonable key feed, sound appropriate. Among them, the optional and fingerprint-integrated power button located in the upper right corner of the keyboard gives a superior feel to the pressure and texture required to trigger it.
    But when I looked at the bottom of the box and dropped the Precision 7510 keyboard frame from five years ago on to the Precision 7750, I found...
    [​IMG]
    We found that the Precision 7750's keypad shrinks as a result of the Precision 7750's slimming strategy -- with the exception of the pointer system, which I evaluated in Serial 1, the Precision 7750 keyboard shrinks in each keypad area. The keypad distance is now 18.70mm on the X axis, 18.05mm on the Y axis, the directional keys are compressed, and a keypad is robbed of its location by the power button. Ha ha! The pursuit of Zhao Feiyan in the Western Han Dynasty.

Take a look at DELL's official introduction to the Precision 7750 trackpad on the Chinese page:
    "Bigger trackpad size: With a bigger trackpad, you have more freedom to create."
    Specific official relevant parameters are shown in the figure below:

The trackpad is bigger, and I'm blameless. Thumb up.
    But my daily habits would have preferred an external mouse, followed by the ThinkPad's pointer mouse, and finally the touchpad.
    [​IMG]
    Output: Screen display
    The official word on the Chinese page for the Precision 7750 screen is:
    "Vivid visuals with a well-designed screen with a narrower VESA display, InfinityEdge® bezels, ultra-small baffles and PremierColor®."
    The Precision 7750 of the author is equipped with the highest optional screen -- Option Three on the right in the following picture. Several important parameters are: brightness up to 500NITS, color gamut up to 100%Adobe, contrast up to 1200:1, so power consumption is the highest among the three: 12W-- 17.3in 16:9 4K UHD wide-angle and wide-gamut high-brightness fog screen. After checking, the panel used for this screen is AUO 329B B173ZAN and DELL PN is 44TRN.

The author USES SpyderX Elite to measure it, and the results are as follows:
    The measured results in gamut are 100% sRGB, 100% AdobeRGB, 93% P3, 95% NTSC, which are excellent:
    [​IMG]
    The measured curve of tonal response deviates from the middle part of the luminance 2.2, and the gray scale can be maintained at about 6350 between 22 and 90, which also belongs to the excellent range.

The measured results of brightness and contrast are as follows: the highest brightness reaches 492.8 NITS, which is only 1.6% lower than the official 500NITS. The contrast ratio exceeded the official propaganda of 1200:1, reaching 1320:1!
    [​IMG]
    The color uniformity is as follows. None of the maximum Delta E values is greater than 3.2, which is also excellent:

The uniformity of brightness is as follows. The maximum brightness difference is 11%, which belongs to the good range:

The measured results of color accuracy (color accuracy) are as follows: the maximum Delta E value is only 1.48, with an amazing average value of 0.65, very excellent!
    [​IMG]
    To sum up, SpyderX Elite gives a full score (5) on the color gamut and contrast of the Precision 7750 screen, as well as an excellent rating of 4.5 on color uniformity and color accuracy.
    But it only gave a 3.5 for brightness uniformity. The worst was the tonal response, with a passing score of 3.0.

The author did not check "the white point when different OSD Settings were adopted" during the measurement, so the score of the white point in the measurement result was 1.5, for reference only.

In addition, the Precision 7750 comes pre-loaded with PremierColor (perfect Color, and THE HP DreamColor/ DreamColor TM for logo competition) to further optimize screen display and to customize display for different scenarios. During the above measurements, the PremierColor software was not specifically enabled, so that the measurement results would be the commissioning results from the factory.
    [​IMG]

To sum up, the Precision 7750's screen is almost the same as the advertised one, and even 10% higher than the advertised one. The Precision 7750 performs very well, ranking first among all the screens I have measured in recent years.

3. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Disassembling maintenance
    The disassembly and maintenance of the Precision 7750 is basically described in Serial 1.
    The author only carried out two practical operations: adding M.2 SSD and WWAN CARDS.
    To verify the flexibility and complexity of the Precision 7750 with four M.2 SSDS, the author also prepared multiple M.2 NVMe SSDS and M.2 SATA SSDS.
    [​IMG]
    Meanwhile, I also bought DW5821e, a standard WWAN card of Precision 7750, and a China Telecom SIM card with 5G LTE. According to the parameters of DW5821e, Qualcomm Snapdragon X20 LTE is a product released in 2017, which is at most 4.5g with the benefit of full netcom. It also supports all current satellite positioning systems (including Beidou).

Firstly, the WWAN card was installed. Since it has four antennas, the author looked at the color photos in the official manual and finally installed them one by one.
    [​IMG]
    After WWAN is installed, install the SIM card -- note that the SIM card slot for Precision 7750 is micro SIM spec.
    [​IMG]
    After that, Windows 10 was automatically installed online. The 4G Internet access was normal, and the driver software provided by DELL's official website was unnecessary. Given the DELL laptop's openness to WWAN CARDS, when 5G WWAN CARDS appear in the future, they should also be used normally.

At this point, the author can answer the two questions raised in Serial 1:
    1. Why not pre-install WWAN card when placing an order?
    A: It's much cheaper to buy your own, and you can wait for a 5G-enabled WWAN card.
    2. Why don't you pre-install the infrared camera when placing an order?
    A: With an infrared camera pre-installed, the Precision 7750's bezel doesn't have room for WWAN antennas. Another reason is that I personally don't like the automatic authentication of the infrared camera with Windows 10 Hello.

Then add M.2 SSD, this operation is relatively simple. Every M.2 SSD position in the Precision 7750 is equipped with a radiator fin, which is equipped with a cooling silicone pad, as well as a bottom center that supports rapid disassembly of the SSD cabin.
    [​IMG]
    Completing both of the Precision 7750 add-ons looks pleasant, but the hassle of removing and installing the bottom cover is annoying.

Safety equipment
    Precision 7750's safety device is optional for the following reasons, which I'm not going to delve into, using official descriptions and short notes.
    Expresssign-in smart Perception login (which is what SC CARDS, NFC, and infrared cameras do) -- With new standby capabilities, expresssign-in proximity sensors and infrared cameras recognize your identity and automatically lock and unlock to improve productivity. Optional infrared camera works with Windows 10 Hello automatic authentication.
    Meet your privacy needs accurately (that is, the function of physically blocking the camera) - if you want to be heard but not seen, the camera shutter meets your privacy needs. Turning off the shutter physically blocks the camera and turns it back on when you want to videoconference or take a picture.
    Work more efficiently at your fingertips -- the optional Windows Hello fingerprint reader ensures that only you have access to your work. Just put your finger on the sensor and move on to the next task -- simple as that! You can also upgrade to the Windows Hello infrared camera and log in at a glance.
    Dell Reliable Memory Technology Pro (this requires a strong processor and ECC Memory to be effective) --Dell Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro protects your work against computer crashes. Dell's proprietary RMT Pro works with ECC memory to detect and correct memory errors in real time.

The warranty service
    The warranty of this Precision 7750 is shown in the figure below. In my opinion, DELL's after-sales service is more valuable to purchase as long as customers need it.
    [​IMG]

Aaron44126 likes this.
  4. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Pressure test
    That brings us to the part of the Precision 7750 that some readers are most interested in: how reliably the Precision 7750 performs under a variety of heavy loads.

The easiest way to test is to use 3DMark's stress test directly.
    The author conducted multiple stress tests on the Precision 7750 in dual video card state and independent video card state, and all of them passed safely. The test pictures are as follows (the test results can also be checked on the official website of 3DMark, which is one of the benefits of the licensed software).

In the dual video card state, 3DMark was used to conduct the stress test with the following three pictures:

The results of the stress test using 3DMark are as follows:

As can be seen from the above, the DELL Precision 7750 performs well and has passed the above 7 stress tests at one time. The system stability is very good.

However, under the pressure of high load and full load, how will its CPU and GPU perform?
    For this reason, the author began to use the system stability test function in AIDA64, and began to apply pressure on the Precision 7750 with independent graphics card state one by one.

Stress TEST 1-- AIDA64 CPU Stress TEST
    The Windows 10 power plan is preset by DELL and is set to the optimal performance. In the system stability test module of AIDA64, Stress FPU is selected only. After running for 90 minutes, the screenshot is shown below. Tip: In this test,
    CPU Core 0, 2, 4, 6, the maximum temperature of these four Core reaches 98 degrees Celsius, all of which are Thermal Throttling.
    CPU Core 1, 3, 5 and 7, the maximum temperature of these four Core is not more than 90 ℃, and no Thermal Throttling occurs.
    From CPU Core 0 to 7, the maximum running frequency of these 8 cores is less than 4200MHz, and the average value is about 3270Mh.

Stress TEST 2-- AIDA64 GPU Stress TEST
    In the system stability test module of AIDA64, Stress GPU was selected. After running for 60 minutes, the screenshot is shown below. Tip: In this test,
    CPU Core 0, 2, 4, 6, the maximum temperature of these four Core reaches 98 degrees Celsius, all of which are Thermal Throttling.
    CPU Core 1, 3, 5 and 7 all have slightly lower maximum temperature, and no Thermal Throttling occurs.
    From CPU Core 0 to 7, the maximum running frequency of these 8 cores is 4790MHz and the average value is about 4630Mh.

Stress TEST 3-- AIDA64 CPU+GPU Double Stress TEST
    In the system stability test module of AIDA64, Stress FPU and Stress GPU were selected at the same time. After running for 100 minutes, the screenshot is shown below. Tip: In this test,
    CPU Core 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, the temperature of these 5 Core is higher than 90 degrees Celsius, Core 0, 2, 4, 6 are Thermal Throttling.
    CPU Core 3, 5 and 7, the maximum temperature of the three Core is not more than 90 degrees Celsius, and no Thermal Throttling occurs.
    CPU cores from 0 to 7, the lowest running frequency of these 8 cores is around 4200MHz, with an average of nearly 2900MHz.

The Prime95 and FurMark tests were then repeated three times, following the popular international practice.

Stress TEST 4-- Prime95 CPU Stress TEST
    With the above power performance setting, the Blend stress test of Prime95 is executed. After running for 85 minutes, the screenshot is shown below. Tip: In this test,
    Except for CPU Core 7, the temperature of the other 7 cores is not lower than 92 degrees Celsius. Except for Core 1 and 7, the other 6 cores all have Thermal Throttling.
    The average operating frequency of 8 CORES of CPU is quite consistent, which is around 3150MHz.

Stress TEST 5-- FurMark GPU Stress TEST
    Same as the previous power performance setting, select 1920x1080 in FurMark, turn off the anti-aliasing and run for 98 minutes. Screenshot below. Tip: In this test,
    The peak temperature of CPU Core, only Core 5 is lower than 90 degrees Celsius, so only Core 3 and 5 do not have Thermal Throttling.
    The average temperature of all CPU cores did not exceed 85 ° C, and the average operating frequency of each CPU Core was around 4400MHz.

Stress TEST 6-- Prime95 CPU + FurMark GPU Dual Stress TEST
    Using the same power performance setting as above, perform the Blend stress test for Prime95 and also perform the FurMark (1920x1080, turn off anti-aliasing) GPU stress test. After 243 minutes of running, the screenshot is shown below. Tip: In this test,
    Only CPU Core 7 has a temperature peak no higher than 89 degrees Celsius, but the average temperature of all cores is no higher than 83 degrees Celsius.
    Only Core 1 and 3 do not have Thermal Throttling; The average operating frequency of all the cores is a little over 2600MHz.
    [​IMG]

For the above 6 tests, the pictures are huge and the data are numerous, which is very inconvenient for viewing, statistics, comparison and analysis. Therefore, the author combs the data of the above 6 pictures one by one and integrates them into the following chart.
    The cell filled with orange indicates that the cell has the maximum value of the mean value along the Y-axis.
    The cells filled with yellow are the secondary values described above;
    The value in bold red font represents the maximum value corresponding to this Y-axis direction;
    The blue cell represents the value of the cell and is only for reference, not critical data at the time of the test, or if the data is suspicious.
    [​IMG]
    Based on the above data, the DELL Precision 7750 can be temporarily concluded as follows:
    1. Under the single CPU pressure test, the power consumption of the CPU can be stable at about 63W for a long time;
    2. Under the pressure test of GPU alone, the power consumption of GPU can be stable at 108W for a long time;
    3. If the CPU+GPU dual pressure test is used, the CPU power can only be stable at about 48W for a long time, while the GPU can be kept at about 105W.
    4. In the above 6 tests, due to the limitation of recording software (unable to record continuous microsecond level), only the maximum CPU power was recorded at 103.6W, but PL2 at 135W could not be recorded, because its theoretical maintenance time was only 2.44ms.
    5. More than six tests, the same reason, the machine always recorded only one maximum peak power consumption is 233.5 W, the author thinks that DELL Precision 7750 use 240 W power supply, in extreme conditions, the above test, the screen brightness is only 50%, hard disk installed one), if we can maintain the external environment of low temperature, to ensure that the heat dissipation is very good, don't rule out the possibility of DELL Precision 7750 will appear overload operation - that is, in a short period of time at the same time the use of power and battery power supply;

Stress TEST 7-- CINEBENCH R15 Multiple CPU continuous cycle Stress TEST
    Next, to pay special attention to the CPU working stability in this Precision 7750, the author used CINEBENCH R15 to test its multi-core performance under continuous pressure, and the results and comparison were shown in the figure below: The i7-10875H on top of the Precision 7750 is not as stable as the previous version of the 7740, or the ThinkPad P73 I tested last year -- the score curve is more up and down, similar to the I9-8950HK I tested on the Precision 7730 in 2018.
    [​IMG]
    This point can also be seen from Stress TEST 1~6 above: the temperature of 8 cores of CPU is not very consistent, and there is a big difference, and different cores have different rates of Thermal Throttling. We conclude that the Precision 7750 CPU has a small heat dissipation problem - possibly due to the fact that the heat dissipation parts (such as heat dissipation silicone) are not properly installed.

5. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Working temperature
    You can also learn about the internal temperatures of the Precision 7750 in various operating states by Stress tests 1-6 above:
    1. The average operating temperature of CPU under full load is about 90 ° C, and the peak value can reach 101 ° C.
    2. The average operating temperature of GPU at full load is about 70 ° C, and the peak value is only 72 ° C, and it is about 46 ° C at no load -- far better than CPU;
    3. Precision 7750 has two cooling fans. The first rotational speed recorded by HWiNFO 64 is presumed to be that of GPU cooling fan. According to the existing records of the author, the maximum rotational speed should be 3700RPM, and the second should be that of CPU cooling fan with the maximum rotational speed of 3900RPM.

This time, I used FLIR ONE PRO, an infrared thermal imager attached to the FLIR mobile phone, to measure the body surface temperature of the Precision 7750 in various operating states. The work intensity was reduced, and the temperature status was clear in the images, which was really nice, but a little expensive.
    The following figure shows the Precision 7750 full load (Prime95 CPU + FurMark GPU dual pressure test) running at an ambient temperature of 28 ° C:
    [​IMG]
    The following figure shows the Precision 7750 full-load run time (measured after 240 minutes of Prime95 CPU + FurMark GPU dual pressure test), and its Surface C temperature:
    The highest temperature is the upper right part of the keyboard of surface C near surface B (the lower part of the corresponding part is GPU heat pipe), as high as 55 ℃! The keyboard area of the temperature is not low, the central part of the highest should be more than 45; Palm rest temperature is not low, only the left palm rest temperature is the lowest, 33.3 degrees Celsius.
    [​IMG]
    The following figure shows the temperature of Surface D during Precision 7750 full load operation:
    It is still the highest temperature near the GPU, up to 48.4 degrees.
    Up to 45.5 degrees Celsius in the center;
    The lower part of the palmar rest is about 36 degrees Celsius;
    [​IMG]
    The following figure shows the measured surface A and rear temperatures of the Precision 7750 during full-load operation from above:
    As the author measured a closed monitor 5 cm behind the Precision 7750, it can be seen that even the monitor's screen was heated by heat waves emitted from the Precision 7750's rear cooling window. You can also see the power plugs attached to the body, and the temperature is also very high.
    [​IMG]
    The following figure shows the temperature measurement diagram of the Precision 7750 at the right side of the fuselage during full-load operation:
    It can be seen that on the desktop close to the right side of Precision 7750, even if there is no cooling window on the right side, the temperature will rise with convection and conduction for a long time.
    [​IMG]
    To sum up, the author thinks that it would be absolutely unbearable to place the Precision 7750 on the thigh and then plug it into a full load for a long run.

Note 1:
    The ambient temperature was between 27.5 ° C and 32.5 ° C when the author ran the above 7 stress tests and 7 3DMark stress tests for a total of 14 tests
    (the author has allergic rhinitis, is allergic to drastic temperature changes, and generally does not turn on cold air).
    Note 2: The Precision 7750 performs well in body surface temperature during no-load and normal load operation, without much measurement value. I'm afraid it will be a little cold in winter.
    Note 3: As for the working temperature of M.2 SSD, due to the above pressure test, the SSD reading and writing operation is limited, which cannot reflect the temperature at the extreme working state of SSD. The author will test this in serial 4.

Battery life
    With the power consumption data and temperature seen in the above tests, what about the battery life of 95Wh built into the Precision 7750?
    Under the current conditions, the author can only use the battery life test function of PCMark 8. In the state of independent video card and dual video card, the screen brightness is the highest + the best performance of power supply and the screen brightness is the lowest + the longest battery life of power supply, Home, Work and Creative are tested respectively. There are altogether 6 battery life times.
    [​IMG]

The longest time is the performance of the work under the dual graphics card + lowest screen brightness + longest power supply setting: 290 minutes-nearly 5 hours; the Work score is 3925 points at this time, and in serial 2, the dual graphics card + external When the power + power performance is optimally set, the Work score 4961 is compared, and the score is nearly 20% lower.

The shortest time is the independent graphics card + the highest screen brightness + the best performance of the power set Creative score: 128 minutes -- a little more than 2 hours. At this time, the score of Work is 7037, which is also 20% lower than the Creative score of 8929 in serial 2, when independent graphics card + external power supply + power supply performance is set to be the best.

To sum up, it can be seen that the overall performance of the Precision 7750 decreases to about 80% of that of the external power when running with batteries.
    In addition, the battery of this Precision 7750 supports fast charging. The official term is as follows:
    "With the ExpressCharge Boost, it takes about 20 minutes to charge 35%, and it automatically charges up to 80% in an hour. "
    At the same time, the accompanying power management software is also useful:
    "If you can't charge the system right away, it can subtly adjust the Settings, such as turning the screen down or turning off bluetooth when it's idle, to save power."

So far, more than 50 pictures have been used for serialization, which is too long and easy to make readers difficult to read.
    Meanwhile, it has been raining continuously in the area where The author lives these days. Due to the lack of a professional silent room, the background noise is still around 40 decibels even in the late night, so the author now decides:
    1. Abandon noise measurement for the Precision 7750 during operation;
    2. Abandon relevant measurements on the Precision 7750 speaker.
    This was supplemented by readers who wanted a chance to use the Precision 7750. For example, the official claim is:
    "Smart Audio: Dell Optimizer ® smart Audio automatically adjusts your system by adjusting background noise, managing voice volume, and improving overall sound quality, leaving you with a great sound experience from anywhere, anytime."
    Can it really be so wonderful?

This is the end of serial 3, which is scheduled to be shipped next week. It will test the Precision 7750 card reader, NFC, install multiple M.2 SSDS, and connect multiple TB3 peripherals.

Stay tuned!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  6. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I made a mistake with the title: Test serial 3.......:eek:

7. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    @song_1118, very comprehensive results! I always like to visit 51NB for the detailed discussion on Dell Precision notebooks, even if it is mostly machine-translated (using Google).

I notice that you have a Quadro RTX 5000 in a 7750; can I ask if you can dump the VBIOS using nvflash, and upload it here? I am trying to increase the power limits on my RTX 5000 from the 7540 (which is currently capped at 80 W).

vdang2k and NelBro78 like this.
  8. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    OK!
    I will fulfill your wish next week or later,I am currently working on the things.

9. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    @song_1118, it has been a while; any news on the VBIOS dump? Thanks!

10. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sorry! It's busy, I haven't been here for a long time, now I add:

Ionising_Radiation likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.