The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Upgrading storage of Dell Precision 7550

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by trekzone, Jun 13, 2021.

1. trekzone

trekzone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    4TB is already confirmed to work. I believe that 8TB will also work fine but haven’t heard from anyone who has tried it. Buy one from someplace with easy returns and give it a go (it should be fine) and let us know. :)

I’ve read lots of Precision upgrade stories on here and never seen a storage upgrade fail because the drive was too big. I have an 8TB (SATA) SSD working in a Precision 7510. (I am totally planning on 3x8TB NVMe for a data/storage array when I finally pick up a new Alder Lake system next year.)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    trekzone likes this.
  3. trekzone

trekzone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you very much for the reply, that sounds hopeful. In particular if the you got an 8TB working in a Precision 7510, it should work in an 7550.

It's a good idea to simply test it (and to report it back here), will do that :)