The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Vostro 1400/1500 vs Latitude D520

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by bimbo, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bimbo

bimbo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need an affordable notebook for my girlfriend (which kinda rules out my own D830 as good as it may be ;) and I am trying to decide between the Vostro and the Latitude D520 whereas the Vostro about 20% cheaper than the similar Latitude configuration.

2. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    get either the vostro 1500 or the inspiron 1520. they are the same pc so whatever is cheaper

3. billcsho

billcsho Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The 1500/1520 may be a bit heavy for a girl. If she does not need Windows XP, the 1400/1420 is a pound less but with the same functionality except for the smaller screen.

4. dordale

dordale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    billcsho--depends on the girl! :p I'm a girl, but I'm also 6'1" tall! Probably wouldn't have trouble lugging around the 1500/1520. That being said, one of the reasons I did choose the D630 was because it was fairly light.:rolleyes:

dordale :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.