The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Vostro 1500 bluetooth module issue

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by gabrieles84, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabrieles84

gabrieles84 Newbie

Reputations:
    hello
    i've bought a vostro 1500 note and have installed windows xp home; but after the installation, windows didn't recognize the bluetooth module....like it was detached...so i've returned back to vista because before xp installation it was perfectly recognized... but nothing...it seems that the module is dead... the thing that is driving me crazy is that the module is recognized by the bios and activated, but in thos state i'm unable to reinstall the device driver...what can i do??? is there another person with the same problem???
    thanks...
    gabriele

Ps. sorry for my english.. i'm italian :D

2. alkaeda

alkaeda Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    install the bluetooth driver that came with your dell discs?

3. gabrieles84

gabrieles84 Newbie

Reputations:
    i tried but during the installation process, it tells me to light on the bluetooth module.... as suggested by the softare i've pushed ctrl+f2 to light on but it didn't work

4. holysoldier

holysoldier Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem in my vostro 1500 after installing windows xp..., it seems to be a hardware problem...

sorry for my english, i am argentinian

5. holysoldier

holysoldier Newbie

Reputations:
  6. billcsho

billcsho Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you have it turned off before XP installation, it will not see the card. The R159805 patch solve this issue. I just install a refurbished 355 in my Vostro 1400 running XP and I have no problem with the new driver R161378.

7. bluebeast

bluebeast Newbie

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.