The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Vostro 1500 headphone jack whine miraculously CURED and it....

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by sakuranbo, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakuranbo

sakuranbo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So my windows XP got corrupted by a virus torjan or whatever, I cant even boot into XP so i did a reinstall without formatting the whole harddrive, just one partition. and after installing all drivers the headphone jack whining problem was gone... However when I replug the headphone the whining comes back... For a moment I thought it was cured but guess not:mad: :mad: .

2. Jlbrightbill

Jlbrightbill Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think the problem with the Vostro jack is that it's being over driven horribly. I run my WAV volume at 50%, my master volume at 10%, and my speaker volume at 40%. With my Shure E2c's I have to set my WAV at the lowest possible notch and master at notch 2 or it hurts my ears.

3. Mr.Brightside

Mr.Brightside Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    check if you have the mics enabled, usually this is due to high mic volume

4. Jlbrightbill

Reputations:
    Nah that's not the problem, it's fairly clearly obvious they're driving it too hard.

5. Mr.Brightside

Reputations:
    i used to have a vaio, when i connected the mic, a weird buzz started,,,just my theory xD

6. Jlbrightbill

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

That's the volume setting I have to use with my Shure E2c IEM's. At that level the sound distorts because it's so low the over-driven headphone jack can't produce quality sound. The only reason speakers and low quality headphones sound fine is that they're being driven at a higher volume that drowns out the interference.

7. sakuranbo

sakuranbo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    its a different story for the DELL :p there are already many ppl complaining about that on this forum.

I found this thread http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=197809
    but I'm not geeky enough to dissemble my laptop.. so seriously are there any software solutions to the headphone jack whine?

turning down the volume doesnt help too for my psp earphone

8. Mr.Brightside

Reputations:

i'll check out that thread, BTW i hated that vaio haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.