The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Vostro 1710 - More specification mismatch madness??

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Nankuru, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nankuru

Nankuru Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Or am I being stupid??

The 8600 GT/GS card issue with Vostro 1710s has been discussed elsewhere, but I've been looking through the specs on the UK website. On the product details page - overview at the bottom of the page under 'Stay connected and secure' http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/p...onb_1710?c=uk&l=en&s=bsd&cs=ukbsdt1&~lt=popup
    is this line:

* Authenticate network access with standard Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2).

It says 'standard', some other features are described as 'optional'.

I've never used a machine with TPM, but I would expect to find some BIOS settings and the TPM software somewhere. I can find neither. Can someone who is more familiar with TPM suggest how to find out if a TPM chip is fitted on this machine.

Or is this another incorrect specification cut'n'pasted from another machine like the graphics card?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.