The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Vostro 1710 WUXGA - which LCD manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by andy789, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy789

andy789 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi All,

I have just ordered Vostro 1710 with WUXGA (1920 x 1200) TrueLife. What are the known LCD suppliers for Dell? Which one is the best? Is there something I should be aware of?

I have read many horrible stories about their poor LCD quality on this forum.

Any thoughts on this?

2. Jlbrightbill

Jlbrightbill Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure about the 1710, but mainly you're dealing with SEC, LGL, and AUO I think. LG is the best.

3. only

only Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    samsung

if u experience any defects u should contact Dell for a replacement or replacement

hope this helps

4. andy789

andy789 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have heard that for 17" WUXGA Dell only takes LG and Sony (the same LCD that comes with VGN-AR770)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.