The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Latitude D630/D680

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by cue928, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifti

ifti Undiscovered

Reputations:
    I have a D620, which is great. Never had any probs with it and Ive spec'd it up to the max since I have had it.
    To the best of my knowledge they arent available unless you have a business and have an account manager at Dell. I may be selling mine soon if you are in the UK and interested - practically brand new, and Im putting a brand new keyboard in it before I sell as well..... ;)

2. dordale

dordale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    cue928--

If you get a D630 with the 9 cell battery, it protrudes out the front. The 6 cell battery doesn't protrude.

If you get a D830, since it has a bigger chassis, neither the 9 cell nor the 6 cell will protrude.

dordale :)

3. cue928

cue928 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dordale-thanks for the great info. I waited a day too long to cancel my T61 so I've got to decide if I want to send it back and pay the restock fee or just keep it :(

4. offbase

offbase Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I love my D630. My 6 cell battery does NOT protrude. You can't finance a Latitude through Dell if you're not a business; however, they'll be happy to take a consumer's credit card payment.

You cannot go wrong with a D630.

5. Elmo18

Elmo18 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I recommend the D630. It is the most headache-less system I have ever used.

It is just that good, IMO.

Best,
    Ilham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.