The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision M4700 and M6700 - Preliminary Info

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by [-Mac-], Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DimaV83

DimaV83 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No. It should be some bios/driver problem on that Lenovo, so it constantly runs in power-saver mode.
    Review Dell Precision M4700 Mobile Workstation - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
    Battery Powered Performance
    The CPU results however remain on a consistent level, and only the performance of the GPU isn't able to be fully utilized. Using the OpenGL calculations from CineBench R11.5 results in a difference of 12 fps. This corresponds to a performance deficit of 30 percent.

2. dan_barber

dan_barber Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I just got a M4700. I was wondering if anybody has swapped the stock Toshiba HDD with Crucial C300 SSD? The stock caddy seems to be blocking the pins on the C300.

Thank you for your help.

3. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Make sure you didn't install the drive upside down. The stock caddy should work with any standard 2.5" drive. If you sit the two drives side-by-side you should see that the connector layouts are positioned identically.

Probably better to use the M4700 owner's thread, this one has been dead for 10 months.

4. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame

Reputations:
    The location of the SATA connector as well as the form factor of the drives are standardized, it should fit perfectly. I have replaced the drives in my M6700 without any issues at all, the caddy for the M4700 is identical...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.