The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

DELL Precision M6700 M3000M (Error 43)

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by SVIPER, Apr 4, 2021.

1. SVIPER

SVIPER Newbie

Reputations:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpJ6Ow0RlSLB0JA-9Rd0yJFc4YogMjs-/view?usp=sharing
    Hi i have a problem after installing m3000m (error 43)
    I tried different bios, nothing happens.
    I did not find information on the forum, and if there is, everything went smoothly and without errors.
    Can anyone help and post their bios from M3000M
    Forgive me for my English.
    --------------
    GPU-Z writes bios is undefined.
    Processor frequency 0 MHz
    Memory frequency 0MHz
    Maybe the laptop's BIOS won't connect the card?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  2. iieeann

iieeann Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think this is driver issue, not vbios.

have you modified the nvidia .inf file before installing the driver? That is a common thing to do when using non-dell graphic card.

SVIPER likes this.
  3. SVIPER

SVIPER Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the answer, yes of course I changed the driver and turned off the signature verification in Windows.
    Another problem is that the system does not want to work through Linux (it hangs) after installing the driver on the video card.
    Could it be that the video chip burned out / chip blade, and because of this error 43 after installing the drivers?
    The video card was purchased on Ali.
    Sorry for my English.

4. PhOeNiX_H

PhOeNiX_H Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If it's freezing on Linux and every single driver modification is failing on Windows, GPU is probably faulty.

You could try to talk directly to Aliexpress vendor and see if you can get you money back.

SVIPER likes this.
  5. SVIPER

SVIPER Newbie

Reputations:
    The seller insists that he sent in a completely defective product and did not willingly agree to a return.
    Next time I will buy a card for ebay from trusted sellers.
    It will be a lesson to me:(, thanks for your answers.;)

6. iieeann

iieeann Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If all the software side is in order, the card is faulty. i experienced 3 times card faulty, but that did not happen immediately after the purchase, but after using for few months. i believed i fried the card.