The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision M6800 Nvidia Quadro M4000M GPU upgrade black screen new driver

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by pseudodeed, Oct 25, 2021.

1. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello i need help, please.
    Hello people i have a Dell M6800 with an upgraded GPU: Nvidia Quadro M4000M.
    My system konfiguration: I have optimus disabled in the bios. Only the Nvidia GPU is aktiv.
    My system was was working properly with this configuration since driver 3xx.xx to 466.77.
    All driver after 466.77 for example 471.68, 471.96, 472.12, 496.13, coause a blck screen after driver installation.
    The system is working properly but with black screen in windows. The sxtem normal shut down and boot but after Bios screen and dell logo black screen. I can boot in recovery mode and delete the driver reinstall the driver 466.77 and all ist working.

I have read that this prblem have some other people. One sulution is to aktivate optimus. After this the new driver form nvidia is working. But i prefer to use only the nvidia GPU without optimus.
    I have read that this problem head the 7710 users with an old GPU bios too.
    My m4000m come from an dell 7710 and the GPU bios ist from 7710 too. This was solved with an vbios and bios update for the 7710 machines.

I think i have the same problem. I will find a working vbios. please can anybody post the vbios form dell m4000m to find a working vbios?
    My vbios is 84.04.6D.00.07 DELL from 2015-06-01.
    Thank you

2. VettelStark91

VettelStark91 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, check if the video driver you are installing is DCH and not "Standard". On my experience with my Dell Precision M6800 when I had my Quadro K3100M and when I switched to the GTX 980M on both GPUs I needed to get the DCH driver type, otherwise if I installed the Standard it would give me a black screen, no image at all. Was giving image only at BIOS screen when booting up. You may want to give that a try and install the DCH type