The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

DELL Precision M90 Offline File Slowdown

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by kc_phil, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kc_phil

kc_phil Newbie

Reputations:
    I am presently using a DELL Precision M90 running Windows XP. I have a few network locations cached so i can work offline and synchronize when i am in the office.

My problem is that when i work offline, the computer slows down remarkably when trying to access these files. i don't understand it at all. Is there something in the network settings on the machine that i need to adjust in order to preserve my performance? Why is the machine slower retrieving files off the harddrive than from the network?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.