The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

E-Series... when ? :-(

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by allerune, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monakh

monakh Votum Separatum

Reputations:
    I run three VMs (two XP and one Vista) and my laptop doesn't hiccup. Presumably with a Penryn CPU, the performance will be even better. Would be perfect if you could run windows 2008 Server with the RC1 of Hyper-V on it :) It's doable, I ran Win2K3 on my old Inspiron 9300 for two years.

2. allerune

allerune Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wonder if it is because of the SSD or overall system performance...

3. ymer

ymer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I use a D630, it's a very fast machine and doesn't get any warm at all and remains cool. It's a bit heavy but it's really sturdy and the battery life is fantastic around 4hrs+ with 3/4 brightness with a 6Cell.

4. sh1v

sh1v Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I really think m1530 is a perfect laptop for you. You should look into it. And yes, you can swap harddrives without loosing warrenty.

5. wc2810

wc2810 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you're worried about speed, the 320GB 5400 rpm drive is probably not much slower than the 250GB 7200 rpm drive due to density

6. Forte

Forte NBR's Supreme Angel

Reputations:
    Not really, speed of 320GB is equivalent to 160GB 7200RPM. The 250 7200 RPM will still have the edge in speed, but 320GB will have edge in storage.

Up to you to decide 70GB, or faster speeds.

7. zeedarkjster

zeedarkjster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HAHAHA giving up on the E-Series?!?!
    I think I'll just wait it out a bit. Because if anything XPS will get cheaper in the future right? Possibly...

8. Jervis961

Jervis961 Hall monitor

Reputations:
    I don't know if Dell will delay the E-Series for up to 2 months to wait. I think they want to catch the back to school crowd (teachers and staff buy too).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.