The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

[GUIDE] Dell Precision M6800/M4800 sBIOS mod

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by valuxin, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superbug8848

superbug8848 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I found some docs from dell, and I found that I already Enable the Signed Firmware Update feature , how can I disable the Signed Firmware Update feature , or Refrash the bios not brick the notebook, I really need your help. Very thinks.

2. superbug8848

Reputations:
    Hello:
    Have you reflash the bios with signed firmware update enabled, or have you find a way to disable the signed firmware update ?

3. mitchellpeixer

mitchellpeixer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With this mod is possible to get full 57w on core tdp? Anyone have achive that? (M6800)

I have a 4940mx on my m6800 can get no more than 37w

4. darkydark

darkydark Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My 4710MQ was stuck on same wattage for a few months. In my case it was due to wrong battery. When i was messing with friends M4700 i swapped our batteries. Once i plugged in original pbattery back all was fine and CPU went back to 47w long turbo.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

5. superbug8848

Reputations:
    Hello, I have modified the vars, and checked the values after reboot, the values already be set to 0x01, but i still can't see he current and turbo boost power time modify items in Advanced Tuning Tab, the Core Voltage Offset adjust item also gray, what have you done to make the modify work? Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  6. superbug8848

Reputations:
    I have same problem, anybody solved it? Just Batter? I removed the battery from notebook, it still can't full speed run.

7. darkydark

darkydark Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Removing the battery did not help in my case - plugging in proper battery worked magic. After plugging in proper battery it worked as it should even after removing battery.

8. superbug8848

Reputations:
    Yesterday, I install the A16 BIOS, and set vars again, it is no working. My cpu is i7 4910mq. After that, I installed a CPU microcode driver from VMWARE and intel, the cpu microcode is 20170707 edition。

Today I installed new firmware for the finger scaner, all the changed vars be invalid. In xtu, I can't set cpu core speed, but when I run xtu cpu stress test, the cpu can run at 3.6G, power is 47-54W, I havn't change the battery. But when I put the notebook on the docker, run the xtu cpu test, the power still can't over 37W, and I can't run the CPU with 47W any more, even if I install the new bios A23, every thing same. Maybe I should install the BIOS A16 , then install the cpu microcode driver again.
    CPU microcode driver is here :https://labs.vmware.com/flings/vmware-cpu-microcode-update-driver#instructions

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  9. superbug8848

Reputations:
    Now my computer run with full speed again, I just install the new bios A23 with new cpu microcode reboot the system. In XTU, I run the cpu stress test, at beginning , the cpu can run at 54W, after 28secs, cpu be limit to 47w with current limit, speed is 3.3GHz. Tomorrow, I will set the vars again to unlock the overclock and power.

rzrwolf likes this.
  10. rzrwolf

rzrwolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dear friend, can you share your A23 version full bios dump?

I am unable update further from A16, wanna try reflash..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.