The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Latitude 5300 WWAN antenna missing

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by iieeann, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iieeann

iieeann Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just received my Latitude 5300 13" laptop yesterday. I did not choose to include the WWAN card during purchase because I already had an extra card.

I have used 6 to 7 latitude/precision laptops over the years, this time i was surprised after removing the back cover and found that the WWAN antenna cable that "always available" is no longer seen this time. Only WLAN cable is available. This is really sh*t case for me. From the service manual, the WWAN cable comes through the LCD screen same as WLAN cable.

[​IMG]

Can anyone confirm if the Latitude 5300 WWAN cable is actually present but hidden behind the LCD screen; or it could only be available with model that comes with WWAN option chosen?

2. unnoticed

unnoticed Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Easiest thing to do is to lookup the service tag and see if its specified.
    Or remove the fan and look if there is something tucked under there, the wwan cable will come out of the same hole under the hinge.
    If you still don't see any cables, one black and one white you can remove the bezel and look if there is an antenna on the right side of the back cover.
    The antenna to the left will be for the wifi antenna, I can't find any parts for this laptop yet other than this
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/33036282436.html
    But it only has the wifi antenna.

In this image from the review it has both cables but looking at your picture you are missing the additional rubber guides to the left.
    And you do not have anything in the FP slot compared to the image below.
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-...-small-business-laptop-with-LTE.433335.0.html
    [​IMG]

3. iieeann

iieeann Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Someone said for 5 series the WWAN cable is not a "always available regardless of card choice" option compared to 7 series. However i remembered the Latitude 5491 I received few years back has WWAN cable although i did not buy the card.

Not a big issue anyway, hotspot can solve this easily. Just that I am OCD that cannot see empty space not utilized as it should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.