The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Latitude c610 wireless driver issue

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by legendz411, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legendz411

legendz411 Newbie

Reputations:
    So I formatted this laptop and everything is installed except for the wireless card. XP won't find drivers for it. Windows Update has nothing. I opened up the laptop and it is a Broadcom card, so I went and got drivers from them, since Dell has no drivers for a wireless card period. The Broadcom drivers make the unknown device register as a network controller but then I get a reoccuring popup error, "'something' 144 could not be opened in COMCTL32.dll" and the drivers stick at 94%.

I have tried everything I know to get this working but none of my experience is helping. I'm really at a sticking point.

(BTW, I'm very new poster here, but this forum has no search?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.