The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

New Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Ydnaroo, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ydnaroo

Ydnaroo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi folks.

I received a leaflet from Dell UK in the post this morning which advertised "New Dell Vostro 1510 - Available Now". The description is normal Vostro fare but includes "sleeker, slimmer and 14% lighter".

I cannot see any mention of this model on the UK or US website either by looking for Vostro 1510 or inputting the given E-Value Code MMMUK4-N0415101 into the UK site.

A Google search reveals very little other than:

http://www.dvhardware.net/article26480.html & http://developer.novell.com/yes/100851.htm .

Thought you guys might want to know.

Andy

2. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    WOW What the heck :/ Maybe i can just make my 1500 eat salads to thin out and turn into a 1510...

3. chelet

chelet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's probably the counterpart to the Inspiron 1525 -- no video card options and fewer processor options than the original Vostro 1500.

4. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    I'm not so sure about it being the vostro of the inspiron 1525 ... there is no option for an 8400 card for the inspiron 1525.

Mayyyyyyybe it will get a better video card that can maayyyyybe make it's way into my inspiron 1520

5. nizzy1115

Reputations:
    Not happening...Wishful thinking however.

6. millermagic

Reputations:
    So we have to wait for the next generation of cards right? Then fire up our Dremels and soldering irons?

Maybe with enough solder, bondo and spraypaint, I can do some upgrades haha.

... or just dump the 1520 on ebay in a year or two.

7. nizzy1115

Reputations:
    You forgot the duct tape. Its what holds the world together, and laptops too.

8. swarmer

swarmer beep beep

Reputations:
    It wouldn't surprise me if they're dropping the 8600GT support in order to make it a little thinner and lighter (without making it more expensive). 8600GT is probably overkill for business users, and may be cannibalizing XPS and Precision sales... and if it's adding extra bulk to the 15-inch Vostro, they may just get rid of it.

9. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Your assertion makes even more sense when you add in that the XPS is now on the business side of the Dell website. Hell, I'd have bought the XPS over the Vostro, if the 1500 wasn't available with the 8600 at such a low price.

10. millermagic

Reputations:
    There is duct tape in my 1520 currently

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.