The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

New Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Ydnaroo, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think you would be better off with the 1440x900 screen. The WUGXA is touted mostly as a screen with 'true HD' since it can support 1080 HD resolution. For the processor you could probably get the T8300 @ 2.4 GHz since it is the newest processor out. You may want to get the lowest amount of RAM possible and then upgrade to 4 GB yourself to save a good amount of money.

2. gintor

gintor Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Memory i have already purchased. Cost me $60 for 4 gig amazing bargin.
    Not sure i can quite go to the 2.4 Ghz CPU as it is aload more ontop of the existing price... I do take your point however..... Would the WUGXA casue issues with gamming n the laptop and if font size is a problem are you not able to change this in settings ?

3. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    In gaming you can change the resolution since it would take a beast of a card to produce good game play at WUGXA resolution. The T8300 should only be a $125 dollar upgrade which should be canceled out by going from WUGXA to 1440x900.

4. gintor

Reputations:
    atbet,

Man i wishi lived in the States, theat upgrade on the UK site is £165 = over $300

5. gintor

Reputations:
    Ok so i placed my order today

Vostro 1510 Core 2 duo T8100 2.1 ghz
    WUXGA display
    Fingerprint reader
    !.3 Mp camera
    3072 mb RAM
    160 GB h/d
    8X dvd+/-RW
    Vista with XP pro
    6 Cell bettery
    256 Nvidia 8400 GS
    Dell wireless n
    Dell Bluetooth
    1 year warranty

£589 including vat and delivery, i used a coupon without the coupon the build was £928. Man what a saving

My delivery date is on or before the 2/7/2008

6. gintor

Reputations:
    My, 1510 is now in production

Hope to have it any day now :)
    Any one interested in my build let me know as my sales rep said he could sort it out for anyone wishing to purchase it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.