The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Problem with new Vostro 1510

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by glalonde, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glalonde

glalonde Newbie

Reputations:
    I have had my new Vostro 1510 for about two weeks now. After a few days I started to notice an issue where the network would go dead, then the machine would hang. This seemed to happen every day, usually within 10 minutes of boot. After about a week of this under XP, I switched the machine over to Vista. Same issue, and SAME log eventid(12) to describe it. About to send it on back to Dell. Anyone else have this issue?

[email protected]

Details of log Event:
    EventID 12

The device 'Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)' (PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_02731028&REV_02\4&442e7fa&0&00E4) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

2. pixelot

pixelot Notebook Acolyte

Reputations:
    Might be the hardware. Can't hurt to have Dell replace it. :cool:

3. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Randomly happened to me also last week. Uninstall it form the device manager and reboot and let it reinstall the drivers automatically for you. It fixed it for me.

Edit: noticed it was wired not wireless. This may not work.

4. pixelot

pixelot Notebook Acolyte

Reputations:
    Yeah, and he switched OSes too. :no:

5. saad88

saad88 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This hasn't happened to me yet. Contact Dell .... Good luck :)

6. only

only Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    'issue' is such a loaded word. let's call it personality instead.. ?

7. glalonde

glalonde Newbie

Reputations:
    Being sent in for a monterboard swap. Funny thing is, they said to keep battery, power strip, and HD. Luckly I did not encrpt stuff with a TCM reference since I think that chip is on the motherboard. Tech support should have asked me about that, otherwise you might loose access to your data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.