The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Test serial 1 of the DELL Precision 7750: Speed first!

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by song_1118, Jun 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    As far as I know, it should be as follows:
    1.Fingerprint Reader on Power Button -- this is the "touch Fingerprint reader" integrated on the power button.
    2.Fingerprint reader in the Palmrest -- this can only be FIPS-- "Full Scan FIPS fingerprint reade".

x13.JPG

The previous 7710/7720/7730/7740 used touch Fingerprint reader as follows
    [​IMG]

Evahum likes this.
  2. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thank you very much!
    I am communicating with DELL customer service and hope to get a satisfactory answer.

3. Evahum

Evahum Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks! I did feel the fingerprint reader on 7750 looks way bigger than the one on 7740.

The English description "Palmrest with Smart Card, Fingerprint reader, & NFC" fooled me. They just don't mention this is on the power button. By the way, isn't it more convenient to use the fingerprint reader on the power button except it's not as secure as the FIPS one?

4. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    In addition to security, there are two issues:
    1. The more integrated components are, the more likely problems will occur... So, I purposely chose a separate fingerprint reader instead of one integrated with the power button.
    2. Sometimes I don't want to press the power button to trigger fingerprint recognition, but a separate power button.

In addition to security, there are two issues:
    1. The more integrated components are, the more likely problems will occur... So, I purposely chose a separate fingerprint reader instead of one integrated with the power button.
    2. Sometimes I don't want to press the power button to trigger fingerprint recognition, but a separate power button.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
    Evahum likes this.
  5. Evahum

Reputations:
    How do you feel the structural rigidity of the new chassis, especially the hinge that attaches to the palmrest instead of magnesium frame in the previous generation?
    SlurpJug mentioned his 7550, opening the machine introduced some pops or clicks. He speculated it's because the plastic clips connecting the palmrest and hinges worn out every time when he opened the machine.

6. defaultname

defaultname Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe for some bizarre reason this is different depending what region you're in. I'm in UK and the SSD door is default option on my quote and on Dell's website without possibility to select something else.

7. NelBro78

NelBro78 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

@song_1118 : Thank you very much for the nice review :)

Any chance to also run the below benchmarks?
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/Software
    https://www.passmark.com/products/performancetest/

8. song_1118

song_1118 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've just received 7750 in less than 48 hours, so I can't say for sure. Stay tuned for my next review article.

The PerformanceTest has always been used in my previous reviews, so I will definitely use it this time as well.
    As for UserBenchmark, I haven't used it before, but I'll use it this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
    NelBro78 likes this.
  9. Evahum

Reputations:
    Thank you.
    Looking forward to your further review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.