The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Vostro 1400 Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by bradsh, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradsh

bradsh Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    to be quite honest, i think it is a problem with vista and sigmatel, and they all do it, but most people dont have trained ears or dont notice.
    still, i spent 750$, i will at least try a replacement. sadly im going on vacation in a week so it will have to wait until after vacation, as i imagine the process would have them delivering a new one while im gone.

2. Rischardo

Rischardo Newbie

Reputations:
    I just disabled my wireless card...and the popping stopped.

this is ridiculous, I get the upgraded card and end up with this problem. how soon is a fix going to be out? kinda hard to listen to pandora online with this annoying popping.

3. hypdotspec

hypdotspec Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've come to believe its a driver issue on the XP and Vista fronts.

I reinstalled XP and then used the sound drivers from the Inspiron 1420 install guide on the forums here - they are different from Dell's website - and everything runs great for me!

4. Jide

Jide Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with my Vostro 1500..it happen when u turn the volume up....same goes to my friend's inspiron...seems like the speaker cannot catch up with the sound...but no problem when using headphone...any idea guys???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.