The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision 7560 & Precision 7760 pre-release discussion

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Apr 13, 2021.

1. rwzeitgeist

rwzeitgeist Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I believe the result suggests that for at least some Lightroom operations my machine's i9-11950H is faster than the A2000. Adobe says full acceleration uses the GPU for image processing, while basic acceleration appears to use the GPU primarily to drive the display.

Moving to a 7760 + A4000 would result in obviously faster processing compared to your 7730.

For Lightroom Adobe suggests in a footnote at least the A3000 (wish I'd found this before ordering my system!): "Recommend GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER or NVIDIA T1200. For better performance including accelerated AI Enhance Details: GeForce RTX 3060, NVIDIA RTX A3000 or higher." That same page contains almost the same footnote comment for Photoshop.

2. frostbytes

frostbytes Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yep. I remember reading that Lightroom uses the GPU for some tasks, and not for others. Just like it leans on multi-threaded processing for some tasks and not for others.

I hadn't noticed that. Thank you.