The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

DELL Precision 7760 Review Part II: Precision New Wine

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by song_1118, Aug 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    @zhongze12345 has some details on this at the Owner's Thread, albeit for an A4000.

zhongze12345 and etern4l like this.
  2. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thanks, not sure why he looked at board power draw instead of GPU power draw. Should be a dead simple check using Hwinfo for instance.

3. Razibus

Razibus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Awesome, thank you! Don't forget to look at the brightness level because the color profile will be different depending on the brightness. (You may already know that)

4. zhongze12345

zhongze12345 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I used board power draw since that's usually the standard. I can retest (A4000) if you want.

Also, board power draw is what actually determines power throttling for a GPU.

5. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I tend to use HWInfo in which case "GPU Power" seems more specific. Which monitoring tool did you use? Not clear what "board power" refers to? Motherboard? Graphics board? (in which case is VRAM power included?)

zhongze12345 likes this.
  6. zhongze12345

zhongze12345 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have been using GPU-Z for GPU wattages. I'm also not clear what board power means.

etern4l likes this.
  7. Razibus

Razibus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What happened to your 3466 MHz memory? I am interested to know if you had any performance improvement.