The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Dell Precision M6800/M4800 sBIOS mod questions

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by XDbored, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XDbored

XDbored Newbie

Reputations:
    yesterday i bumbled my way through this guide http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/guide-dell-precision-m6800-m4800-sbios-mod.788481/

and now i am up to the point where i can look at and edit the BIOS for my M4800 which is currently version A25 but i am a noob at BIOS editing i know most of what i want to change is in ICC Profile 0 but which settings let me fully unlock my ratios or change bclk or memory speed/timings/voltage? i can change the PCIe Clock and turn off its Spread spectrum so that's nice i guess i can force a slightly higher overclock like 5% more from my K2100M without also BIOS modding that

but the big problem i have is this warning
    !!!But be careful: for BIOS modification to work, you should disable BIOS Signing Check feature inside the BIOS image - otherwise you'll break the laptop and the only way to restore is via programmer!!!

i don't know where to find said "BIOS Signing Check feature" within the image so i cannot flash any changes until i know how to turn it off since i don't think have a programmer for the M4800's BIOS chip even if the one i have did work i don't know where the chip is or how to remove it and put it back on so i would really rather not brick it

and my googling didn't turn up any guides for using "Flash Image Tool" or BIOS modding in general so i would very glad if someone could please tell me about these things and i went to reply my questions in the mentioned thread but it has been closed so i put my reply in this new thread instead

2. tdbone1

tdbone1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i have an m4800 also and if you get the bios unlocked so we can change overclocks in bios for cpu and cpu-gpu it would be great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.