The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Latitude D420 vs. Latitude D430

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by The General, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirius_GTO

Sirius_GTO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    At first, I thought I was going to be unable to stand using the pointing stick, but even when I had the D430 and D630, that's all I used. I ONLY used the pointing stick.

The X61s indeed has a higher spec chip, but it doesn't take anything away from portability. I am getting a constant 7+ hours of battery life out of this X61s.

2. The General

The General Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interestingly, I started off like that but then switched when I became proficient with the touchpad.

Now, that is interesting: I might have a word with dell about that. My D420 only gets about 6-7 hours of battery on a far slower processor. I see no reason why they should not be able to be At least as good as the thinkpads.

The only reason i'm leaning slightly towards the Latitude is the superb build quality compared with other laptops i've used. I dropped m D420 a couple of days ago from about waist height, while in Standby. Absolutely no damage, it booted fine two minutes later.

3. Sirius_GTO

Reputations:
    well keep us updated with whats going on. Maybe you should excite yourself with a new laptop. Even though the Dell was great to me, I have no regrets switching to the X61s.

4. chong67

chong67 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see the x61s. It is not a wide screen.

I want to get a D430, but I am waiting for a nice sale.

5. Sirius_GTO

Reputations:
    Chong, yes you're right. The X61s has the 4:3 aspect ration screen which may be a turn off to some. It is actually better in my opinion with such a small screen.

6. The General

The General Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would almost agree with you. The D420 was my first laptop with a wide screen, the rest had been standard ratio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.