The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

M4800 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by changt34x, Oct 29, 2013.

1. tyrell_corp

tyrell_corp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I have done some digging, and contacted a company related to using this module, apparently its an ultraportable desktop type, so the only best way to get that card is to get THAT system at low spec.

the system is called GM-1000 / MXM-T1000

if anyone know other routes please share

its a good computer if you ask me with upgradable mxm port, but unable to find the price.
    https://www.cincoze.com/goods_info.php?id=320

and a little more digging showed me a new world of FANless computers which I prefer
    https://www.contradata.it/it/pc-embedded-espandibili#/manFilters=28

R.jpg thumbnail_1147161_580x300.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  2. John Carlson

John Carlson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interesting.. maybe you can ask them if they can sell only the MXM card. No one would be interested in buying the whole desktop machine for that lol

3. tyrell_corp

tyrell_corp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    its not about me, its about you asking them if you have that question. besides they do indeed sell them separately. so let us know your findings!?

I have contributed my part, its time for you to do something useful?

and if you failed at installing WX4150 in your system it does not mean that "it does not work and others shouldn't" :) so try to refrain from spreading falsehood in the seek of attention. just my observational opinion.

:)

Vaardu likes this.
  4. chaosxu

chaosxu Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought it on ebay. You can search "ADLINK RTX 3000", then you will find only one guy who selling this. I bought from him.
    You can ask him in private message if he still has another one.

tyrell_corp likes this.
  5. chaosxu

chaosxu Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought it on ebay, you can check on my past reply.
    Actually, I ask the ADLINK company in private. They said that they don't sell GPU card separately.
    This card is used in IPC system, like ADLINK Advantech PNY Aetina. You can try ask them too.
    I also found that HP Z2 mini G5 using the MXM type 3.1a Quadro T1000 card. Maybe it is another way to get it.

tyrell_corp likes this.
  6. John Carlson

Reputations:
    By the way, is there any Dell M4800 docking station that has many USB 3.0 ports?
    I have a docking station that has only USB 2.0 ports...

7. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The newer version of the PR02X has two USB 3 ports on the back.

John Carlson likes this.
  8. John Carlson

Reputations:
  9. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is not a converter. It's an "extender" adapter to insert a 3cm drive into a 5cm slot (or something like that).
    For a mSATA drive to work in a PCIe slot with an adapter like this, there would have to be a SATA controller chip on the adapter. They do have adapters like this for desktop systems: https://smile.amazon.com/mSATA-Expansion-Converter-Adapter-SATAIII/dp/B07GSV3S2F

This adapter doesn't appear to have any electronics on it. It is a "physical" adapter only.

The reason that it is labeled mSATA only is probably because it doesn't connect all of the PCIe slot pins. (You can tell from the copper traces that not all of them are hooked up.)

John Carlson likes this.
  10. M4980

M4980 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey, I have the nvidia heatsink, can you please elaborate on why it wont work? I got my t1000 today so I’ll install it when i figure that out

[​IMG]