The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 3440 Small Form Factor

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Clintlgm, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Clintlgm

Clintlgm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i purchased this last December, so far no issues. Very powerful for such a small Form Factor computer. No heating issue seems to run in the 50's C '60s C Idel's in the '40s. this machine runs 24 -7 is used for database management and POS for my business QB and FFL software mostly.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Version 2004 OS Build 19041.928
    MS Office 2013 Pro,
    Norton/Malwarebytes.
    Intel Xeon W-1250 (6 Core, 12M cache, base 3.3GHz, up to 4.7 GHz) DDR4-2666
    Precision 3440 SFF with 260W up to 92% efficient (80 Plus Platinum) PSU
    16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4 UDIMM non-EC C memory
    Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax Dual Band (2x2) Wireless Modul e + Bluetooth 5
    OS Drive Samsung 970 Pro 512GB. Replaced the 128G SSD supplied with the unit
    Storage Samsung 970 Evo 2 TB I installed this myself into the 2nd empty NVME slot
    2TB WD Black I moved this storage drive from the computer being replaced

This is my first SFF computer and so far I'm impressed Build quality is great well thought out easy to work with and the wiring is well maintained. Temps seem reasonable for such a small FF computer with one small fan.

I have uninstalled all Dell Assisted software. I have kept "Dell Command update". This allows me to see and decided what updates from Dell are installed and installed in my time frame.

I'm open for any and all discussion on this and similar models