The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Heh, yes to all three of your questions. I live in a place where the ambient temperature is hardly below 30°C—I can't possibly make the battery cooler than that.

The number of cycles and the battery temps are actually reported in the Dell self-diagnostics page upon powering up the machine (press and hold the Fn key while pressing the power button; release the power button while still holding down the Fn key until the Diagnostics page appears). Based on that, I'm at 56 cycles, and the battery is at ~32°C.

As for cycling and percentages—I can't really help a high cycle rate; I am fairly far away from power sockets. Neither can I help running down the battery to below 20%, because not doing so means that I have a worse still battery life, as I artificially force myself to start charging at ~20% or so.

Ideally, I would get idle and running power usage down to < 10 W, so I don't need to cycle that often, or run it down to 20%. But I don't think that's happening, even with the iGPU. There's something that's drawing power, and I can't find out what.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. commander

commander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for answering totally nothing I asked for. I asked if there is a possibility to set the display for 5000K. If you know that, I would be very thankful.

Thanks, is that capable of 3x 1920x1200 also (I lied about FHD sorry :) I have found DELLs material about the TB16 but they mention only 3x4K and @30fps, nothing about lower resolutions.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2018
  3. rwzeitgeist

rwzeitgeist Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My apologies that "The calibration software should allow the organization's color expert(s) to select their preferred temperature..." didn't clearly identify that calibration software will set the chosen color temperature, as well as the gamma, luminosity, and contrast values.

I chose my 9570's color temperature as one of the parameters when I initially calibrated the UHD UGZO display. My laptop display matches my desktop display, and proper color management means that what I see on either screen in Lightroom, Photoshop, or any other color managed application, matches what my printer produces.

The X-Rite i1Display Pro, $210 at B&H Photo or Amazon, is the newer version of the sensor and software I'm using. The X-Rite ColorMunki Display at $168 is a little less expensive.

4. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I highly suspect that it will work fine, but honestly I don't have any 1920x1200 monitors sitting around anymore...
    Again, it has bandwidth for 8x 1080p at 60 Hz (that is two 4K monitors), so there is more than enough bandwidth for three monitors of this type. So unless there is some strange block for this configuration, there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

5. AgatheThePower

AgatheThePower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For testing purposes I skipped Microsoft audio drivers installation, and first prefered to disable Waves MaxxAudio application autostart, as well as WavesSysSvc service. Nothing changed; sounds are popping.

Is MaxxAudio Pro really disabled? Is MaxxAudio Pro the real culprit? Is it part of Dell audio driver? Why is 3000€ brand new system has this unbelievable issue??

6. commander

commander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I appreciate your wish to help but really this is not helpful. Again I did not ask how much is i1D (which I have btw, also with i1pro2), but if you are sure that you can change color temperature anywhere OTHER THAN by creating ICC profile (= like in external monitor menu for example; driver/utlility in laptop).
    If you simply change color temp far from default as a target for ICC calibration, than what you are doing is twisting GPUs LUT and massively, and I mean massively reducing color gradations.

So with all the respect, I asked precisly for my appliacation - color change NOT via ICC profiling for a reason and I did that to reduce any confusion. Sadly that did not work and instead I got price of i1dpro. Pardon my tone.

OK, thank you very much.

7. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    So, my battery was just swapped—I'm quite pleased with the new one:

[​IMG]

8. Regular_Ragnor

Regular_Ragnor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just tried it and it works for me too. Hopefully they can fix this and the c-state thing, then we might even get a fully functional docking station.

9. Div033

Div033 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm, have you tried disabling the enhancements from within the MaxxAudio app? Try opening the app, clicking the Playback section, and disabling the toggle near the top. Not sure if that sticks regardless of auto-start or the service, but it might be worth a shot. With it off, you should notice a distinct lack of bass and volume from the speakers - kind of like how the Microsoft drivers sound. That's the entire basis of my theory anyway.

At any rate, I agree that this is an unacceptable issue.

10. niwred

niwred Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, also had the INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD on 1809, restored the windows driver, lets see how it develops.
    Update: Can confirm that removal of the samsung nvme driver solves the bsod on resume.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    ygohome likes this.