The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So we're looking at a 5-6 FPS improvement in Fire Strike (a bit over 10%) for the faster P3200. Still disappointing that the difference between the P3200's in the two systems is not made more clear, but that's hardly a game-changing difference... I also noticed that they're charging about $50 more for the slower P3200 in the 7530 than they are for the faster one in the 7730. (By comparison, CPU choices are pretty much the same between the two, off by about $1 for some reason.)

2. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Indeed, and what a pity. @Div033 and @Mazed, could you guys see what you can do... Maybe OC the memory by steps and post your results here?

3. Div033

Div033 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How would you even go about overclocking on a Pascal GPU? I foolishly tried downloading MSI Afterburner and using that, but it wouldn't allow any changes to core clock or memory. Some initial Googling reveals that there really isn't any way to do it, unless I'm missing something.

4. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    According to @yrekabakery, it can be done with nVidia Inspector instead.

5. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The core and memory sliders in Afterburner should work. Strange that they do not for you. Are you using the latest Afterburner (4.5.0) and Quadro or GeForce driver?

Try bringing up the voltage/frequency curve editor (Ctrl+F) and dragging the entire curve up while holding down Shift.

Can also try Nvidia Inspector.

6. Mazed

Mazed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Happy to help you here, but same issue as @Div033, the sliders wont work correctly on Afterburner, and i don't seem to be holding my tongue right to work out Nvidia Inspector

7. Div033

Div033 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'll give Nvidia Inspector a shot. Using MSI Afterburner, after I press apply, the values I changed immediate return to default. Even the voltage curve adjustment has this effect.

Edit: Inspector doesn't seem to allow changes, either. See the values on the slider are both 0 - it doesn't let me change anything.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Mazed likes this.
  8. Mazed

Mazed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Exactly the same as I get, I thought I was doing something wrong, but it refuses to lock the setting.

9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Does it do that on the GeForce driver as well?

10. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    I think he's already on the GeForce driver, unless he changed back from when he took the GPU-Z screenshot. Hm.