The Notebook Review forums were hosted by TechTarget, who shut down them down on January 31, 2022. This static read-only archive was pulled by NBR forum users between January 20 and January 31, 2022, in an effort to make sure that the valuable technical information that had been posted on the forums is preserved. For current discussions, many NBR forum users moved over to NotebookTalk.net after the shutdown.

Precision M6400 Owner's Lounge *Part 2*

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by BatBoy, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuuji

Yuuji Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Maybe he did a typo and it has a 3700m inside ? I haven't seen the covet with a 2700m anywhere else (every review i saw had the 3700m)

2. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Probably it moved from a different M6400

3. supermoth

supermoth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,sorry for the late reply.
    This is the cable that I have and also the housing for the mic after removing the bezel.
    My understanding is that I only need the specific bezel with the camera housing and the camera itself.Am I right.?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. remdale

Reputations:
    Yes. But I assume you could take a drill and do the job without buying a new bezel. It would be cheaper for you. The only thing you would have to buy is the camera itself.

supermoth likes this.
  5. supermoth

Reputations:
    Never thought about the drilling.....great idea.Do I need to cover the bezel camera hole with any protection?
    Thanks

6. remdale

Reputations:
    It's up to you. If the environment around is clean, it would be ok to leave it uncovered. If not, find a piece of thin and transparent plastic and stick it to the hole.

7. supermoth

Reputations:
    Super.
    Thanks for the heads up.

8. Yuuji

Reputations:
    Hi, little update concerning the m6500 : turns out that it's not dead (dust in the keyboard connector was preventing it to post) ; so i'm considering trying to retrofit it in the m6400 chassis, the usb 3.0 is a great feature to have these days. (also it came with 16GB @ 1333Mhz, noice)

So in the end i would end up with a m6400 covet with m6500 internals, and a m6500 with m6400 internals (and ****ty 1440*900 tn screen)

But here is (an other) question : considering that the m6500 has a 740qm (210 cb on cinebench r15, 63°C), it's slower than a qx9300 (i haven't tested it yet, but from what i've seen 300+ cb shouldn't be a problem once OC'ed).
    So would a 920xm be worth it over a qx9300 ? They come at 35€ on aliexpress, and of course it would get OC'ed (but all the benchmark screenshots on the forum are dead, so i have no idea of the performance of this chip once OC'ed)

edit the m6500 did complain about my 180watts charger, recommending at least a 210w, but the 740qm was hitting boost just fine

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  9. remdale

Reputations:
    The only disadvantage is that you cannot boot from it.
    Try using webarchive.org and see if they were saved there
    I can't tell you anything because I'm not using anything newer than Core 2 generation.
    I want to try this thing out to push my QX9300 further to 1600 FSB. I'm not sure if it will work out, but I wanna do this out of curiosity

EVGA EPOWER V, 100-UV-0600-BR
    [​IMG]

10. Yuuji

Reputations:
    it still has 2 usb 2.0 so we're good in that regard (one of them being e-sata)

i tried that but the only few of the forum threads are saved (which make sense, imagine otherwise the space that it would take on their servers if they did reference all threads of all forums)

damn you sure are dedicated to push your C2Q to it's limits, but why are you limiting yourself to 10 years old hardware ?
    btw isn't that what extreme gpu overclockers use ?

ps : i wouldn't mind trying the 1333mhz mod, but i don't know if i have the soldering capacities (what's sure is that i don't have your electrotechnic knowledge x) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.